In insider preview it is possible to sync Favorites between IE and Microsoft Edge – and hopefully it will also be implemented in Windows 10 Creators Update.
The settings is:
- Supported versions: Windows 10, Windows Insider Program
- Supported devices: Desktop
- URI full path: ./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Browser/SyncFavoritesBetweenIEAndMicrosoftEdge
- Data type: Integer
- Allowed values:
- 0 (default). Synchronization is turned off.
- 1. Synchronization is turned on.
To set this up with the new Intune – first go to the Azure portal https://portal.azure.com find the Intune blade and you are ready.
Clik on Configure devices
Click on Profiles
Click Create Profile
- Name : Give the Profile a name
- Select : Windows 10 and later
- Select : Custom
- Click : Configure
- Click : Add
- Name : Enter the name of your policy setting
- OMA-URI : enter the OMA-URI from earlier in this post
- Data Type : Select Integer
- Value : Enter 1
The you can assign the profile.
And the user will only have to maintain there favorites in one place.