Microsoft have recently released a redesigned IT Admin experience for Apple device enrollment the new Azure portal preview for Intune. The new experience is available in all newly created accounts, and will be rolled out to existing accounts in the coming months.
- A Intune created after January 2017 in the Azure portal preview for Intune
- Signed up for Apple DEP
- Apple APN is configured
Start by going into the new Intune portal in Azure https://portal.azure.com
Click on Device enrollment
Select Apple Enrollment
Click on Apple DEP token
- Click download your public key certificate
- Create a DEP token via Apple Deployment Programs https://deploy.apple.com
- Enter the Apple ID for your DEP administrator
- Browse for the Apple DEP token you got from https://deploy.apple.com
- Click upload
Now you will see a message in the Azure portal that the sync with Apple is started and it will take 15 minutes.
Now you can create a DEP profiles
Click at the DEP profiles square
Click Create to create a Apple DEP Enrollment Profiles
Create Enrollment Profile
Enter a Name of the profile
Select User Affinity – Enroll with user affinity (This will prompt for a username doing the Out-of-box experience)
Click Configure Settings
Select Supervised – to set the enrolled Apple devices in supervised mode.
- Allow All
- Deny All
- Allow Apple Configurator by certificate (The you are able to upload a certificate for your Apple Configurator)
At the Setup Assistant Customization
You can specify what Setup Assistant Screens that are Shown or skipped for the user doing the Out-of-box experience
Then you are ready to do the Device Assignments for the devices that needs this profile.
It is not possible to de a default assignment as it was in the Intune Silverlight Portal
To find more information :
The following features and workflows have significantly changed: