This is a series of blog post about the new pre-release feature “Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) Connector” in SCCM 1606.
As it is a pre-release feature it is not for production!
The OMS connector allows you to sync data such as collection from SCCM to OMS.
The blog post is as follow:
- How to enable OMS connector in SCCM
- How to configure the cloud part of OMS connector
- How to deploy OMS agent with SCCM
- What do we get out of the OMS connector in SCCM
Part 3/4: How to deploy OS agent with SCCM
In this blogpost I will show how to deploy the OMS Agent to servers as a SCCM Applications.
In the OMS portal go to Settings -> Connected Sources -> Windows Servers
Select “Download Windows Agent (64 bit)
When the agent is downloaded start the installation on a test device
When the installation wizard is started the files are extracted to %TEMP%\tempfolder copy the files to your packages source
In the SCCM Console select Create Application
Enter the path to the MOMAgent.msi on your packages share
- Enter a publisher
- Enter the installstring: msiexec /i MOMAgent.msi ADD_OPINSIGHTS_WORKSPACE=1 OPINSIGHTS_WORKSPACE_ID=Your-WorkspaceID OPINSIGHTS_WORKSPACE_KEY=Your-PrimaryKEY AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement=1 /q
- Click Next
Deploy the Microsoft Monitoring Agent you just created
Deploy to a server collection – in my demo environment I deploy the OMS agent to all servers.
Select as soon ad possible
Now is just to wait for the SCCM client on your servers to get the OMS Agent installed
The next blogpost is about: What do we get out of the OMS connector in SCCM