With the Intune update at Week of November 26, 2018 there is a new way to create a Delivery optimization (DO) in Intune. Before that update is was only possible to create DO settings in Windows Update for Business policy (WUfB). Now we can create it as a standard Intune Windows 10 profile so that we can leverage on DO for other things then Windows Update like the Intune Win32 app content.
In this blog post I will explain how to migrate from WUfB to the new Intune Windows 10 profile type Delivery Optimization.
First we need to migrate from Windows 10 update Ring settings
So find all you WUfB rings and look if it has DO configured like this one:
The DO mode need to be changed to Not Configured
If you are creating a WUfB policy is it not a error that you cannot set the DO settings, but by design – you need to use the new Windows 10 profile type “Delivery optimization”
Create the new Delivery optimization profile
- Enter a Name : Windows 10 – Delivery optimization
- Select Configure
- Choose you “Delivery optimization download mode” in my case “HTTP blended with peering behind same NAT”
Delivery optimization download mode is:
- HTTP only, no peering
- HTTP blended with peering behind same NAT
- HTTP blended with peering across private group
- HTTP blended with internet peering
- Simple download mode with no peering
- Bypass mode
Before you begin, go to Software updates – Windows 10 Update Rings and migrate your existing Delivery optimization download mode setting.
Then you just need to assign the DO profile to a user or device group.